[Help-gnunet] Questions on latest version

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Questions on latest version
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:17:45 +0100

Hi all,
 Been a while, but I was pleased to see 0.5.5 released with the namespacey
stuff in it. 2 questions though:

-Some time ago, Nils (IIRC) made a patch for making search keywords case
 -insensitive. Someone else pointed out that I'd made a page of suggested
 netiquette for Gnunet, with a recommendation of what case to use for
 various keywords.
 But I'd only done that to try to make sure people would end up using the
 smae case for their keywords, and afterwards, I wasn't quite satisfied
 that it would work out for the best.
 So basically, did Nils' patch get included in the end?

-So I understand that it's namespaces that allow updates, and it's
 directories that allow you to create heirarchies.
 But how do the directories reference stuff?
 I'm basically wondering, if I make a directory entry that links to a
 directory in someone else's namespace, when that remote directory gets
 *updated*, will the reference to it from my directory access the one
 it found originally, or the newly updated one??

Tomble