[Help-gnunet] files trasnferation rate in local gnunet

From: YUAN Chao
Subject: [Help-gnunet] files trasnferation rate in local gnunet
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:04:14 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

  We are consisdering using p2p to sever files in a localized network.
Becase it's very difficult to maintain a file list database by hand, and
gnunet seems to be a good candidate for this. Currently we have > 10K
files with about 100M each stored in ~10 different servers. A simple test
was made on version 0.6.0 to share one file within a local network.
However, although we can successfully insert, search and start to d/l
that file, the transferation speed seems to be limited to about 150kpbs.
(This was tested on two AMD K&-900 linux box with RH7.3 installed.)
The speed then became very slow afterward. We are wondering if there's
some hard-coded limitation in source becase the speed limit in config
files is already set to a relative high number. Or this is just the
limitation of the gnunet protocol? I've servey in the mailing-list archive
and don't know if the previous problem is solved or not.

BTW, for the testbed mentioned in FAQ, no php3 scripts can be found in the
source tar ball. Could anyone tell me where it is? Thanks a lot.

ps. I'm not in the list so please include my adress when replying.

Best regards,
Yuan Chao