[Help-gnunet] newbie how to start? have compiled 0.9.3 from sources on s

From: subscriber name
Subject: [Help-gnunet] newbie how to start? have compiled 0.9.3 from sources on suse 12.2 box but I get errors: libgnunetarm.so.1: cannot open shared object file
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 17:43:20 +0200

Hello list,

trying to come to terms with gnunet. I am also normally not on the
compiling side of life, I have a testing opensuse 12.2 machine, x86,
have compiled the libextractor, and gnunet 0.9.3 main package itself.

I have added the /etc/gnunet.conf with those two or three default
lines being shown at the end of ./configure (of 0.9.3 main package)

I have added a gnunet user to the local machine, have su - gnunet, and
added .gnunet/ directory with empty gnunet.conf file

I am trying to:
address@hidden:~> gnunet-arm -s
gnunet-arm: error while loading shared libraries: libgnunetarm.so.1:

some other command behaves similarly:
address@hidden:~> gnunet-rsa
gnunet-rsa: error while loading shared libraries: libgnunetutil.so.8:

This is already my second or so attempt to compile, before I have
already compiled everything even gnunet-gtk 0.9.3 as well, and the
gnunet-gtk would give me these library errors as well, but the
gnunet-rsa command actually succeeded back then, but then I was still
lacking the /etc/gnunet.conf and the .gnunet/ config directory for the
local user and the gnunet.conf file in there as examples.

Eventually gnunet-rsa would create me some key/file, but the first
creation the output-string at the end was ending in BUG, that was odd
to me, then I think I added the .conf files and directories back then,
and then the second rsa attempt it gave me a new key/file and it at
least didn’t display BUG at the end of the key string.

During my second attempt I first did a make clean and make uninstall
as root, then I think everything else as root as well, ./configure,
then make, then make install. It all succeeded (gnunet-0.9.3).
Wondering whats wrong here.

Maybe anyone has some good pointers for newbies on to figure out some
fundamental concepts and all this about these compiling steps and how
the whole Linux/GNU world is supposed to work, all thos many
directories inside the extracted source-code directory, and so on.

Anyways, so any helping hands into this whole compile deal and paths,
and libraries and what exactly is going wrong here?
Thanks in advance.