Re: [Help-gnunet] newbie how to start? have compiled 0.9.3 from sources

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] newbie how to start? have compiled 0.9.3 from sources on suse 12.2 box but I get errors: libgnunetarm.so.1: cannot open shared object file
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:11:26 +0200

Hi!

I had already answered this in private, so we actually know that the
following answer is correct and helped, just sending it here to archive it.

GNUnet was installed to a directory that is not listed in
/etc/ld.so.conf or did not run 'ldconfig' after the installation.  As a
result, the GNUnet libs are not found and the binaries cannot work.  You
can either

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib (or whatever other path you
installed to)

or edit /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run ldconfig.  That should fix your troubles.

See also: https://gnunet.org/gnunet-library-not-found

Happy hacking!

Christian