Re: [Help-gnunet] A Graph Database on top GNUnet

From: Sree Harsha Totakura
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] A Graph Database on top GNUnet
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:08:07 +0100

On 01/03/2014 11:48 AM, amz3 wrote:
> On 2014-01-03 11:04, Sree Harsha Totakura wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> On 01/03/2014 08:21 AM, amz3 wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm thinking about another design for a file based graphdb but it relies
>>> on the existence of directories and the ability to list the files of a
>>> directory. Is it possible with GNUnet? Would it perform better?
>>>

>> You do need to do this as a file based graphdb?
>
> I'm not sure what is your question. DHT is basically a shared
> dictionary. I'm not sure what I can share but files.

Ah, sorry, I meant to ask if you have any specific need to implement
this using GNUnet file sharing (FS) instead of using DHT directly.  It
is now irrelevant as you said you will be using DHT.

>> Or are you looking for anonymity as part of using it?
>
> It would be good if it was possible to have anonymity too. But first
> things first, I will use DHT.
>
>> you can may it high by increasing replication degree.
>
> It's P2P/GNUnet jargon I fail to understand as of yet.

Replication degree determines the number of peers your data gets
replicated to.  It helps when a peer serving your data goes offline as
the other peers which replicated your data can still serve it.

> Is there any Python bindings or Guile bindings or dbus interfaces to
> interact with the GNUnet? I'm not sure where to start.

No.  You may start by reading this:
https://gnunet.org/developer-handbook. Of all the sub chapters the first
four and the DHT ones are more relevant for you.

-
Sree