[Help-gnunet] Hardware requirements for running GNUnet

From: Geeb
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Hardware requirements for running GNUnet
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:03:22 +0100

Hello!
Are there any recommended hardware requirements for the running of GNUnet?

Many of the GNUnet tools have a GTK GUI, and whilst there will almost certainly be underlying command-line ways of achieving the same results, the documentation commonly refers to the the GUI tools. GUI stuff kind of implies desktop machines.

I'm sure I read somewhere in the documentation that ideally, the GNUnet host should be permanently powered up and connected to the Internet.
Small low-powered PC-on-a-board ARM type hardware (e.g. Raspberry Pi etc) would be certainly more economical to run 24/7 to this ends.
These type of hosts would obviously be under-powered compared to the average desktop machine. Would this be a serious problem for a GNUnet host?

Thanks,

Geeb