Re: [Help-gnunet] Checking the installation issues

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Checking the installation issues
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 09:15:02 +0000

(please keep the mailinglist in CC)
Hi Sven,

Svenerik_vn transcribed 1.8K bytes:
> I am trying to use the GNUnet, because I think the concept of GNUnet and GNS
> sounds awesome.

Cool, okay.

> But I encounter some problems when I go to
  https://gnunet.org/user-handbook and then "Tutorial: Using GNUnet" >
  Checking Installation.

> A little bit down on that page it says:
>
> "When gnunet-gtk is started, the statistics area should be selected
  at first. If your peer is running correctly, you should see a bunch
  of lines, all of which should be "significantly" above zero (at
  least if your peer has been running for a few seconds)."

> However, these lines are not appearant on my screen/system,
  therefore I sent this email to ask what the problem might be.

I'm sorry, but I still can't help you very much with the information
you provide. Can you please describe in detail the steps you did
in the installation, what you did to start GNUnet, etc pp?

Guessing won't help you and won't help me. I can guess that maybe
the instruction wasn't clear enough that gnunet-arm -s has to be
issued and how GNUnet is supposed to be set up?

If you can answer these questions you will help people who want to
use GNUnet in the future. I'm looking for these problems, because
frankly the current status of how to get started sucks.