Integration of GNUnets regex service

From: TheJackiMonster
Subject: Integration of GNUnets regex service
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 20:28:56 +0200

Hello,

I'm still working on my chat client using CADET and I implemented a
search for other peers with the regex service. It works fine using
names to search for others but I would like to adapt this so that every
user can select how to be found ( username, mail address, phone number
) or even if they don't want to be found at all ( which would be
default ).

But there is this problem I get because the regex service lacks a bit
of documentation. ^^'

I can't use the '@' character for the mail address ( even escaping with
'\\' prefix doesn't help ). I have found in the regex_internal.h this:

#define ALLOWED_LITERALS \
   "0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"

But I can also use the '-' character escaped for phone numbers too...
so I would like to which characters can be used and which can not. I
would like to get all possible literals be included in the header of
the service too for checking in the application. ^^'

The header of the service is referring to "https://gnunet.org/regex";
but this page seems to be down. I guess I will try some time machine to
have a look anyway but I would like to see this situation improving
some way.

Thanks for your time and happy hacking.
Jacki