still windows problems

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: still windows problems
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:35:00 +0300 (EEST)

Now also back builds, so, following the new version of README.MinGW, I'm
trying to rebuild a new GNUstep environment on windows to solve, I hope,
the problem regarding the load of the bundles.

Started with an empty system, I've set the HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH
variables in Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment
Variables to be C: and \home\enrico.
(I must say that, this part of the README, for a not English speaking
person, is a bit confusing).

At this point I've configured make with: ./configure --prefix=/C/GNUstep,
then I've given make, make install and . GNUstep.sh.

Then I've added in /etc/profile:
export HOMEDRIVE=C:
export HOMEPATH=/home/enrico
export HOME=/C/home/enrico
export GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_DIR=/C/GNUstep/System
. $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_DIR/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

Open a new msys shell to activate this, I've gone to core/make to build
it: configure doesn't give problems but, when I try a make I get:

$ make
GNUmakefile:46: /C/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/common.make: No such file or
directory
GNUmakefile:61: /C/GNUstep/SystemMakefiles/aggregate.make: No such file or
directory

line 46 in GNUmakefile is:
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
and line 61 is:
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/aggregate.make

$ echo $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES
/C/GNUstep/System/Makefiles

This is window 2000 with MinGW-1.1 and msys-1.06