Trouble with fonts

From: George 'Nephrite' Potapov
Subject: Trouble with fonts
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:53:40 +0400 (MSD)

Hello!

Here's my problem:

I downloaded the latest stable release of GNUstep (make 1.2.1, base 1.1.0,
gui 0.7.5 and xgps 0.7.5)

configured it with

configure --prefix=/site/GNUstep

and successfully built it

Then I started some applications. And here is the trouble: all characters
everywhere i.e. in menus, panels and buttons also were changed into
asterisks ('*') so that applications were totally unusuable. Everithing
else seems to be fine. So what went wrong and how do I fix it?

I have PentiumII box with Linux Slackware 7.0 installed,
kernel 2.4.9, XFree86 4.1.0 and use gcc 3.0.1

--
email: nephrite@agava.com
George