Re: Unable to detach thread

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Unable to detach thread
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:13:58 +0100

Le vendredi, 15 nov 2002, à 16:12 Europe/Paris, Adam Fedor a écrit :

Well that's even weirder, since the Objective-C runtime (libobjc) needs to be compiled to use threads also, but if it was, why didn't you get a link error when -lpthreads was not included?

I'm not sure to completely understand what you're saying... I have installed gcc-3 precompiled on my Debian, so I guess libobjc came precompiled also. The gnustep-base package seemed to be broken (core dump when executing GNUstep apps), so I recompiled it manually.

At first, without specifying the --with-thread-lib="-L/usr/lib -lpthread" gnustep-{make, base} weren't compiled with threads. Then using the --with-thread-lib configure option everything went fine. So I guess this is just a problem of gnustep-base configure not finding the pthread library ?

 -- Sébastien

--
«On ne boit pas du vin avec un CheeseBurger dans les mains.»
<http://www.type-z.org>                   -- Zoé D. on houtskool