Re: Failing in objc_get_class

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Failing in objc_get_class
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:26:33 +0100

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 03:25  pm, Adam Fedor wrote:

Sebastien Pierre wrote:
Hi all,
I am using objc_get_class to try to retrieve an Objective-C class object. The problem I encounter is that if the given name does not correspond to an existing class, I get :
objc runtime: cannot find class Pouet
Abandon (core dumped)
I tried to set the fallback hook "_objc_lookup_class", but this does not help. Is it possible to prevent objc_get_class from terminating the process, or maybe to test the actual existence of a given class ?

You should use objc_lookup_class instead.

Or NSClassFromString() if you want to write portable OpenStep/GNUstep/MacOS-X code.