Re: MacosX gnustep macros definition

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: MacosX gnustep macros definition
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:06:35 -0600

On Thursday, April 22, 2004, at 01:58 PM, Romain HERAULT wrote:

Hi,

I use Panther; I have install gnustep-make and gnustep-base additions in order to be able to program for both platforms in the same time. When I try to compile the "MyFirstApp" on your tutorial, the linking failed because the macro AUTORELEASE is not define. Examples failed too because of lake of macros definition.

Did I make a wrong install? Where is the macros definition file?

If you installed GNUstep without setting the --with-library-combo option, you would get the gnustep-base additions library compiled, which are just some extra classes and functions that you can add into the MacOSX Cocoa libraries (e.g. library-combo defaults to apple-apple-apple).

In that case, all your apps are compiled with Cocoa libraries, so you would probably need to

#include "GNUstepBase/GSCategories.h"

or

#include "GNUstepBase/GNUstep.h"

I think, perhaps, what you really wanted to do was install the full GNUstep libraries to compile native GNUstep apps. In that case, you need to configure gnustep-make with

./configure --with-library-combo=gnu-gnu-gnu

Then re-install gnustep-make, source GNUstep.sh and re-configure/compile/install gnustep-base. See

http://www.gnustep.org/information/README.Darwin

for more complete instructions.