"Dynamic" selector issues

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: "Dynamic" selector issues
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:34:16 +0100

Hello there,

I witnessed something strange in the objc runtime :

- When I create a SEL from a selector name like `selector = sel_getUid("foo")
 - It returns NULL when there is method declared as "foo" in my program
 - Or returns a real selector if a class responds to "foo" in my code
 - Whereas when I do @selector(foo), I do get a proper selector.

I tested this on a Linux box with gnustep-base-1.8.0. On OSX, this works just fine. So is there something to do with an obscure gcc option, or is this related to differences in objc runtime ?

TIA,

 -- Sébastien

--
«Le soleil est Dieu»