Re: Building GNUstep on Solaris 10 (x86)

From: Laszlo Kiss
Subject: Re: Building GNUstep on Solaris 10 (x86)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 07:32:05 +0000 (UTC)

Laszlo Kiss <lkiss <at> deltaprime.com> writes:

Got another Solaris issue.

It appears that the file "GSConfig.h" has a macro that should not be there.

GSConfig.h - line 170:
#define NXConstantString        NSConstantString

When I compile an Objective-C program (outside of gnustep make system) as:

gcc -I /opt/common/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers Stepping.m -o Stepping
 -L /opt/common/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -lgnustep-base -lobjc

I get the error:

Stepping.m: In function `gnustep_base_user_main':
Stepping.m:52: error: cannot find interface declaration for `NXConstantString'

The statement with the error is:

   [obj notify:@"Program exiting."];

When I condition out the definition in GSConfig.h the compilation and
linking is successful. The test program runs as expected.

Laszlo