Re: Building GNUstep on Solaris 10 (x86)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Building GNUstep on Solaris 10 (x86)
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:22:43 +0100

On 2005-08-08 08:32:05 +0100 Laszlo Kiss <lkiss@deltaprime.com> wrote:

Laszlo Kiss <lkiss <at> deltaprime.com> writes:

Got another Solaris issue.

It appears that the file "GSConfig.h" has a macro that should not be there.

GSConfig.h - line 170:
#define NXConstantString        NSConstantString

When I compile an Objective-C program (outside of gnustep make system) as:

gcc -I /opt/common/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers Stepping.m -o Stepping
-L /opt/common/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -lgnustep-base -lobjc

I get the error:

Stepping.m: In function `gnustep_base_user_main':
Stepping.m:52: error: cannot find interface declaration for `NXConstantString'

The statement with the error is:

   [obj notify:@"Program exiting."];

When I condition out the definition in GSConfig.h the compilation and
linking is successful. The test program runs as expected.

This is an error in your compile command line ... you should build using the gnustep-make package, or copy all the flags that gnustep-make sets. In this case, you missed the -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString command line argument.