keyboard not working in GWorkspace and other smaller problems

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: keyboard not working in GWorkspace and other smaller problems
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:22:30 -0000

Hi,

I am running GNUstep on OpenBSD. I changed the .xsession to start GWorkspace
automatically after login:
 . /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
export PATH=/sbin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
exec openapp GWorkspace

I can open a terminal with Alt+t, other shortcuts seem to work as well, but
when I try to enter commands into the xterm window, the system is only
beeping, and nothing more. Furthermore the xterm window has no window title
bar, therefore I am unable to move it around the desktop as I cannot pick it
in the title bar. Pressing Alt and clicking somewhere in the window doesn't
work either.

I have
NSGlobalDomain GSX11HandlesWindowDecorations NO
I tried to set this to YES, but then every window lacks the title bar, not
only the terminal windows.

this is the same when I login locally or when I do a
X -query bsdhost

when I ssh -X into the OpenBSD box, and then start
openapp GWorkspace
and then open a terminal window, it has a window title bar (from my kde theme
which I run locally) and I can enter commands into the xterm window.
unfortunately the GWorkspace interferes with the locally running KDE, windows
pop up, sometimes kde grabs shortcuts which are meant for gworkspace.

another thing I recognized:
when I started GWorkspace from ssh connection, and open a xterm window and
issue a defaults read I get the following messge:

$ defaults read
defaults: can't load library 'libgnustep-base.so.1.12'
$

the defaults command works well, after I sourced the GNUstep.sh file, but not
later after starting openapp GWorkspace and opening a terminal window.

is there anything I can do about that?
if you need more information, please let me know