Re: Gorm is not creating Connections

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Gorm is not creating Connections
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:47:30 -0000

Hi,

nicolas@roard.com wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Sebastian Reitenbach <itlistuser@rapideye.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to follow the SimpleApp tutorial. I have a window, with a text and
> > button box. I instantiated the new class, and created the outlet and
action.
> > When I then try to drag n drop (with pressed Ctrl) the MyController Class
> > the text item in the Window () I see the red round T appearing in the
lower
> > left corner of the text box. The inspector changes to the Connections
view,
> > but has not the expexcted functionality to configure the connection but
shows
> > me only "Not Applicable".
> >
> > I think this must be another misunderstanding of myself how Gorm works.
> >
> > Any hint what I am missing?
>
> Well, it seems that you're doing the correct thing from your
> description... perhaps try to select (click on it) the instance class
> before dragging, if that wasn't the case.
>
> Also, have a look to some of the gnustep videos to see more recent
tutorials:
> http://xdev.org/gnustep/
> and http://home.gna.org/pmanager/videos.html
the videos are great, but my PC/Gorm does not behave like there.

A short summary of what I see when I follow these videos and try to do the
same things:
http://xdev.org/gnustep/datasetdemo/index.html

connecting the slider with the text field, pressing
ctrl and keep it pressed, then clicking the slider
dragging and connecting it to the text field
I see the s at the slider, the T at the text field
Inspector window changes to "Connection" Inspector
there I see "Not Applicable"

http://student.fiit.stuba.sk/~kiselkov04/curconv-demo/demo.html
no question about special project name, and kind of application
no tabs (Attributes, Files, Frameworks, ...)in PC main window
just only Files view
no English subview of Interfaces, Just the CurrencyConverter.gorm
file behind Interfaces, clicking on the .gorm file, does not open
the "Main Window" automatically

window title changes not while typing, but after pressing enter

clicking on "Main Menu" top menu bar, does not show the Menu Inspector
clicking to the Info menu changes the inspector to the Info Menu Inspector
clicking others, changes to the expected Inspectors, but nothing happens
when clicking on the top of the main menu.

controls, only non resizable was selectable, clicking on one of
the two above, marks and unmarks the not resizable control of the
window

when I select the AppController in the Classes view in the main window
of Gorm, then the Inspector changes to the Attributes view of
the class. But for all, Attributes, Connections, Size, Help, Custom Class
it states "Not Applicable" in the inspector window.

I have compiled from svn, r23336.

anybody has an idea whats wrong here?

kind regards
Sebastian