Re: Gorm is not creating Connections

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Gorm is not creating Connections
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:49:55 -0000

Hi all,

Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, not to put too fine a point on your, your build must be screwed up
somehow.  I just tested all of the things your claiming are wrong and it works
fine for me.

I reinstalled the whole operating system to make sure that there is no piece
of libFoundation somewhere that might cause trouble. I installed
GNUstep/PC/Gorm following these instructions:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/
I had to build gnustep-gui with setting
OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include/libpng make \
GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR="$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT" install
I did not install the ArtResources.

I do not have the start scripts installed, but have gdnc, gdomap and ddbd
started manually.

GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE=/usr/etc/GNUstep.conf
GNUSTEP_FLATTENED=yes
GNUSTEP_HOST=i386-unknown-openbsd3.9
GNUSTEP_HOST_CPU=ix86
GNUSTEP_HOST_OS=openbsd3.9
GNUSTEP_HOST_VENDOR=unknown

here are my defaults:

NSGlobalDomain GSWorkspaceApplication GWorkspace
NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages '(
    German,
    English
)'
NSGlobalDomain GSUseFreedesktopThumbnails YES
NSGlobalDomain NSPreviewApp gv
NSGlobalDomain GSBrowserCellFontify YES
NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias YES
NSGlobalDomain GSUseWMTaskBar YES
NSGlobalDomain GSXEnableFontSet YES
NSGlobalDomain 'Local Time Zone' Europe/Berlin
NSGlobalDomain GSX11HandlesWindowDecorations NO
NSGlobalDomain UseWindowMakerIcons YES
NSGlobalDomain GSSavePanelShowProgress YES
NSGlobalDomain GSBackend libgnustep-xlib
GWorkspace GSWorkspaceApplication GWorkspace
GWorkspace default_sortorder 0
GWorkspace NSMenuLocations '{
    "\033" = "166 678 174 338 0 0  1280 1024 ";
}'
GWorkspace use_thumbnails NO
GWorkspace tabshelf '{
    auto_hide = NO;
    tabs = (
        {
            Tab1 = {
                icons = (
                );
                iconstype = 0;
            };
        },
        {
            Pasteboard = {
                icons = (
                );
                iconstype = 1;
            };
        },
        {
            last = {
                icons = (
                );
                iconstype = 0;
            };
        }
    );
}'
GWorkspace DesktopApplicationName GWorkspace
GWorkspace DesktopApplicationSelName gworkspace
Gorm 'NSWindow Frame Palettes' '884 627 274 298 0 0  1280 1024 '
Gorm 'NSWindow Frame Inspector' '970 25 274 459 0 0  1280 1024 '
Gorm NSRecentDocuments '(
    "file://localhost/root/test/Resources/test.gorm/"
)'
ProjectCenter DisplayLog NO
ProjectCenter PromtOnQuit YES
ProjectCenter EditorColumns 80
ProjectCenter SuccessSound ''
ProjectCenter TabBehaviour Tab
ProjectCenter Version 0.4
ProjectCenter SeparateLoadedFiles YES
ProjectCenter 'NSWindow Frame ProjectInspector' '293 540 302 439 0 0  1280
1024 '
ProjectCenter RootBuildDirectory ''
ProjectCenter Editor ProjectCenter
ProjectCenter AutoSavePeriod 120
ProjectCenter Debugger /usr/bin/gdb
ProjectCenter SaveOnQuit YES
ProjectCenter 'NSWindow Frame ProjectWindow' '99 91 562 480 0 0  1280 1024 '
ProjectCenter LastOpenDirectory /root
ProjectCenter SeparateEditor NO
ProjectCenter DeleteBuildCacheWhenQuitting YES
ProjectCenter KeepBackup YES
ProjectCenter PromtOnClean YES
ProjectCenter FailureSound ''
ProjectCenter BuildTool /usr/bin/make
ProjectCenter RememberWindows YES
ProjectCenter SeparateBuilder YES
ProjectCenter EditorLines 30
ProjectCenter
BundlePaths /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/ApplicationSupport/ProjectCenter
ProjectCenter FullPathInFilePanels YES
ProjectCenter SeparateLauncher YES

Is there anything else I might have missed?

kind regards
Sebastian

> GJC
> --