GDL2 Crash

From: Eric
Subject: GDL2 Crash
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:27:28 -0500

First of all, please excuse me if this is the wrong list.

I have been trying to get GDL2 (I have tried both 0.10.1 and 0.11.0)
working under GNUstep Startup 0.18.2 and 0.19.0, on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
7.10. All of my installed GNUstep related libraries and applications are
self-built. Recently, I tried to get the demo GDL2 application from
Linux Journal (URL: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7101) to work
under this system. It builds, and everything works except for the
"Update" button (the only one that actually contacts the database after
login). When I press it, the program dumps core, with no error. When I
run the program (linked with GDL2 0.11.0) under GDB, and press Update,
this is the output on the console:

[Switching to Thread -1223342400 (LWP 20216)]
0xb696c372 in newValueForNumberTypeLengthAttribute (bytes=0x98640a4,
length=1,
    attribute=0x83589c0, encoding=NSUTF8StringEncoding)
    at PostgreSQLChannel.m:268
268                 : [[attribute valueType] cString][0];

Which I, since I am only starting out at programming, can only guess
means that it's a problem in the PostgreSQL adaptor.

If anybody knows what is going on, I would be most grateful if they told
me.

Thanks,
Eric