Re: NSInvocationOperation error

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSInvocationOperation error
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:55:34 +0000

On 3 Dec 2010, at 18:30, Germán Arias wrote:

> Well, in the GNUstep documentation I don't see NSInvocationOperation
> class. Then, I suppose this class don't exist on GNUstep.
>
> On jue, 2010-12-02 at 21:36 -0800, aphuk wrote:
>> Hi, I am new to Objective-C and GNUstep so my question might be a little
>> basic but please help me out since I am stuck.
>>
>> We are trying to create an instance of a NSInvocationOperation and put it in
>> the NSOperationQueue as given below
>>
>> NSInvocationOperation* putOp = [[[NSInvocationOperation alloc]
>> initWithTarget:self selector:@selector(put)
>>                                                           object:[NSNumber
>> numberWithInt:5]] autorelease];
>>
>> But on compilation, I get the below error :
>>
>> NSInvocationOperation undeclared (first use in this function)
>>
>> What am I missing here?

Yes, this is a non-existent class.  Searching the web for it, it seems it's a
class from the iPhone operating system.
Looking at the documentation, it seems quite simple though ... just a simple
wrapper to run an invocation as an NSOperation ... s/he could get a similar
effect easily by writing a subclass of NSOperation.