help-gnuzilla

Re: Build Icecat for Android

From: chippy
Subject: Re: Build Icecat for Android
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:02:35 +0200

I'm sorry for replying mto myself but I realized that in my previous
message I failed to mention that I understand that support for the
Android build was dropped because of non-free software used for..
well.. building it, but given the enormous importance browsers have in
our life, i believe this is worth investigating and possibly compromise
(on a personal level). Each and every browser I tried, except for
Icecat and Tor Browser, will phone home at the very least if not worse,
and I took a look at the code of FF telemetry and my jaw dropped,
that's way too much info sent over to Mozilla.

Again, thanks for Icecat and for your time.
Chippy