help-grub

Re: How to install gparted live on grub boot menu?

From: josep lladonosa capell
Subject: Re: How to install gparted live on grub boot menu?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 18:21:29 +0200

Hello, Bo,

>From what I have read I suppose that you just want to boot an ISO image
from grub, right?

One solution for me (I don't work on an EFI system, though) without extra
partitioning and without the need of a bootable USB device and which does
all the grub stuff for you  is just installing the package grub-imageboot.
Install it in your main Ubuntu bootable system (Desktop).

The grub-imageboot default configuration lets you boot the .iso images
found in the /boot/images/ directory. You can have a look at the
/etc/default/grub-imageboot file.

After the copy of the iso file into /boot/images/, just do "sudo
update-grub" to make them appear into the grub boot menu.

It works for me on Ubuntu and Debian too.

Regards,
Josep

Missatge de Bo Berglund <bo.berglund@gmail.com> del dia ds., 30 d’oct. 2021
a les 15:54: