help-grub

grub-imageboot documentation??? -was [Re: How to install gparted live on

From: Richard Owlett
Subject: grub-imageboot documentation??? -was [Re: How to install gparted live on grub boot menu?]
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 05:37:31 -0500

On 10/30/2021 11:21 AM, josep lladonosa capell wrote:
Hello, Bo,

From what I have read I suppose that you just want to boot an ISO image
from grub, right?

One solution for me (I don't work on an EFI system, though) without extra
partitioning and without the need of a bootable USB device and which does
all the grub stuff for you  is just installing the package grub-imageboot.
Install it in your main Ubuntu bootable system (Desktop).
[snip]

Is grub-imageboot itself documented some where?
My web search gave lots of "howto install" hits which would pretty much apply to installing anything. Several hits link to http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/MEMDISK for the limitations of memdisk.
TIA