help-gsl

Re: Test release for GSL 2.8

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate
Subject: Re: Test release for GSL 2.8
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 13:49:56 -0600

I am just letting you know that I am looking into dynamic_lookup in more
detail.  That 2.7.1 MacPorts patch was fragile and broke on the new
gsl-2.7.99-May-10.  I am looking into whether the patch can be updated, and
whether a new adjustment is needed.  Here is a bit of the gory details,
about as far as I got so far.
https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/97524

If anyone could confirm that chained fixups are not needed by GSL, that
might save some trouble.