help-gsl

Re: Test release for GSL 2.8

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate
Subject: Re: Test release for GSL 2.8
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 17:50:09 -0600

Patrick, thank you for your efforts so far to try to make Apple clang
happy.  It is good to see all those filter/movstat/enum problems cleaned up.

I find 234 notes or warnings remaining.  Almost all of them are fabs
related, so probably easy fixes.  See attached files for make and make
check.  If I could save you a release cycle by running a few short tests on
my Mac, let me know.

On the two dynamic_lookup warnings, I have a proposed simple fix.  That is
a messy, platform dependent problem.  Hold off on that until I can send my
proposal and explanation.