help-guix

Re: Enterprise Guix Hosting?

From: Phil
Subject: Re: Enterprise Guix Hosting?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 21:50:00 +0100

Yasuaki Kudo writes:

> What you wrote makes so much sense and sounds very familiar because I had
> similar discussions with my partners at our worker coop!
>
> Sometime soon perhaps we can discuss in a video chat or something?

Sure - keep us in the loop.

> We would like to do this alongside our regular paid software development for
> existing clients.  Once we have acquired enough scripts, knowhow and the
> enthusiasts among our colleagues, we can spin it off and sell it as a
> service/consultation! (software will stay as Libre and Free - enterprise
> users would not be interested otherwise )

Where I work Guix is a tool we use in IT, rather than part of the
product we package/sell.  This means I hope much of what we have learned
in terms of extending and using Guix will end-up open and freely
available over time - some in Guix itself. I don't see us offering
services or consultation in Guix as we're not a pure IT company.
However, I am interested in seeing Guix and Guix services gaining a
foothold in the commercial space, and exchanging ideas around this - as
well as growing it in academia too.