help-guix

Re: Enterprise Guix Hosting?

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: Enterprise Guix Hosting?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 15:40:21 +0900

And I recently experimented with WSL2 and WSLG on Windows 11, running on a
5-year-old Surface Book.

Ubuntu works quite well on it and I can run Linux GUI applications from Windows
and run Windows applications, like Excel and Powershell, from Linux.

So this indicates there is a high likelihood Guix will be a decent enterprise
package manager, as long as the users' IT department allows WSL on
enterprise-managed Windows PCs.  (which may be a hurdle too much to ask for
though😅)

Sorry I have been wanting to follow up more but I have been too busy setting up
our worker coop in Japan😅

-Yasu