help-guix

Re: bash scripts in Guix question - suspend ?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: bash scripts in Guix question - suspend ?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 10:29:30 +0000

Hi jordi,

>I'm puzzled, as long as   'loginctl suspend' is working in the shell

But '~/.config/i3/i3exit loginctl suspend' isn't.

Judging by your original snippet, you've mashed two commands together: you
meant either

  ~/.config/i3/i3exit suspend

or

  loginctl suspend

But nobody here can tell you for certain how to call your 'i3exit' script
without knowing what's in it.

Aside: you seem to be writing a wrapper script to wrap a wrapper script to call
a wrapper for writing to /proc.  Is that necessary?  It can make things hard to
follow.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent on the go.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.