help-guix

Re: EFI boot: 'could not prepare Boot variable: Invalid argument'

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: EFI boot: 'could not prepare Boot variable: Invalid argument'
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:21:44 -0800

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 1:04 PM <post@thomasdanckaert.be> wrote:

> 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-BootCurrent

My diagnosis was wrong. Your EFI variables are accessible. How about
the output of 'efibootmgr'?

> My fear is that the GRUB menu will not come up

That's a real possibility.

> Is there
> anything I can try from the still running system

I would try to set the EFI boot order manually. It may just be one command.

Can you post the Grub configuration of the failing setup? It should
show the past (good) configurations?

> I've also read about rEFInd

I have used that program to boot into a Linux kernel via its EFI stub,
but it is my least favorite option.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner