help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Re: Liquid War 6

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Re: Liquid War 6
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:31:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, July 15, 2009 9:01 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> If you need to use some bitmap instead of vector, take a look at:
>
> liquidwar6-0.0.6beta\data\gfx\gl\background\bubbles\image\bubble.png
> liquidwar6-0.0.6beta\data\gfx\gl\background\bubbles\image\fumes.png
Excellent example of what I mean by "colorizable textures".

> Something entirely different: personly I won't have much time to chat
> or look at the network status while playing a fast game like LW, but I
> would really like it at the score screen. Maybe we should keep the HUD
> at the score screen, so that it still have those features?
I acknowledge some players want "light meta-informations", and like to
concentrate on the game, not being bothered by bells & wistles. What I
plan here is to have 2 huds : a simple one (named "floating", with just
the time and the chat box displayed as an overlay) and a more complex one
(named "tactical) and this is the later we're discussing now. From what I
read, you'll probably be happy with the simple "floating" one.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

PS: just about to commit some code today. Back on track ;)

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 - http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/     / _")\~ \~/