[Help-make] (no subject)

From: Geoff Alexander/Raleigh/IBM
Subject: [Help-make] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:03:34 -0400

All,

I posted this to gnu.utils.help last week, but have yet to receive any
response.  Can someone help with my GNU make install?

   I'm trying to install gmake 3.79.1 on AIX 4.3.3 as follows:

        export CC=/usr/bin/cc
        ./configure --prefix=/projects/bps/tools/gmake-3.79.1 >
   configure.out 2>&1 &

   /usr/bin/cc is the C compiler from the IBM C and C++ Compilers 3.6.6.  I
   get the following errors:

        ./configure[3172]: (cross-compiling): unknown test operator
        checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... configure:
        error: can not run test program while cross compiling

   The second error causes configure to fail.  I didn't see anything in
   configure.log that would help me understand the cause of these errors.
   Can someone help with my gmake installation?

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander, Ph.D.
919/254-5216 T/L 444-5216
Build Processing Teamlead, SDWB/BPS