Re: LiDIA on WinNT

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: LiDIA on WinNT
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:15:17 -0400

%% Regarding LiDIA on WinNT ;
%% Thanh <address@hidden> writes:

  t> I'm trying to use GNU make to build the LiDIA library on Microsoft
  t> Windows 98 using Visual C++ 6.0.

You still haven't provided the main bit of information Marcus asked for,
which was what version of _GNU make_ you're trying to build.

If it's not the latest version (3.79.1 right now) then you should go get
the latest version and try that first.  You can get it at:

  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/make/

and many mirrors.

  t> LiDIA is a C++ library for computing large number
  t> (http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/LiDIA/).  I followed the
  t> installation instruction for NT but it doesn't sucessfully compile.

In what way doesn't it successfully compile?  Please provide specifics,
like what error messages the compiler printed.

We simply cannot help you if we have nothing to go on; we cannot just
guess what the problem is.

There's a section in the GNU make manual describing what information you
should include in a bug report; most of that is equally pertinent for a
request for help.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/