Re: WinNT GNU make

From: Jan Mikkelsen
Subject: Re: WinNT GNU make
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:17:59 +1100

Thanh <address@hidden> wrote:
>I'm trying to install GNU make on a Windows 98 using MS Visual C++ 6.0.
>The nmake /f nmakefile does not seem to complete.  There is a
>WinRel\make.exe and WinDebug\make.exe.
>
>Any advise on what may be the problem?

There is no problem;  two versions have been built.  Unless you intend to do
work on GNU make itself, you can ignore the version in WinDebug, which has
been compiled without optimisation and with debug information.  Just copy
WinRel/make.exe into an appropriate directory which is also in your path,
and go.

Jan Mikkelsen