Re: Not rebuilding dependencies

From: Jason Elbaum
Subject: Re: Not rebuilding dependencies
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:06:18 +0300

I don't think you understood my question.

I have a system with:

a: b

b: c

I've already run 'make b' and I'm satisfied with the build of b. Now,
running make again, I want to make a if b has changed. But I don't want
to remake b, even if c has changed since the last time I made b. I want
make to treat b as up-to-date for the purpose of making a.

That's the scenario.

Jason