How to install 2.80 without disturbing 2.79 installation?

From: gk
Subject: How to install 2.80 without disturbing 2.79 installation?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:10:47 -0800

How to install 2.80 without disturbing 2.79 installation?
The INSTALL file with make 3.80 doesn't really cover this. I am not clear on the effect of various ./configure options

I would like to install 3.80 but do not want to overwrite make 3.79 executable or info files.
I need to test my makefiles with both versions.
$make # should run 3.79
$make380 # should run 3.80
$info make # should run info with make 3.79 file
$info make380 # should run info with make 3.80 file

Thanks.

- Greg Keraunen