Re: Make bug?!?

From: Nathan Huizinga
Subject: Re: Make bug?!?
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:09:51 +0200

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. After a little more experimenting, bearing your remarks
in mind, I discovered that my tcsh was causing my troubles. The option
"set correct = all" in combination with the line "@$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -M $(C_FILES) | sed '/^[^ ]*:/s/^/'$(ODIR)'\//' >> $(DEPENDENCIES)" in my makefile was responsible for the bad make results. After either removing this line from my makefile or setting "correct" to something else than "all", make was running like a charm.

Conclusion: it is NOT a make bug, but some tcsh magic in combination with my makefile. But it still makes me wonder how this could happen... If anyone has an explanation for it, please let me know.

Thanks again for the quick and helpfull reponse.

Nathan Huizinga.