Factorizing commands

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Factorizing commands
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:30:44 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to write a Makefile to compile .vo (object files) from .v
(source files).
Apart from foo.v, foo.vo depends on a lot of .vo files, whose names can
_not_ be deduced syntactically from the name of the target.

However, every rule that produces a .vo file from a .v file should use the
same command.

So, my question is : is it possible to write the vo-production command only
once, and having the other rules just for telling make in which order to
compile the targets.

Thank you very much for your help,
Sébastien.