re: Question with gmake 3.80 and substitution references

From: Martin d'Anjou
Subject: re: Question with gmake 3.80 and substitution references
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 07:50:40 -0400 (EDT)

John,

One thing I have noticed with substitution references and pattern rules is
that if the pattern does not fully match the entire content of the
variable, it won't do the expected thing.

Instead, seperate the .c from the .cpp and see what you get:

C_LIB_FILES = junk.c

CPP_LIB_FILES=EarRecorder.cpp \
Engagement.cpp

# Include all dependency files
-include $(CPP_LIB_FILES:%.cpp=$(DEPEND_DIR)/%.P)
-include $(C_LIB_FILES:%.c=$(DEPEND_DIR)/%.P)

Make is powerful, but I wish there was another way, but I don't know what
the other way should be, so I stick with make.

Martin