Help

From: Chien-Lung Wu
Subject: Help
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:53:26 -0400

Hi,

        I have a question about writing Makefile. Could any one help me.

Question:
        As I do my project using gnu make, I have  sub_directories and I
would like the files/directories under these subdirectories been compiled.

        Therefore I create a makefile as follows:

        SUB_DIRS = src vlan ip lib    # (I have 4 subdirs-- src, vlan, ip,
and lib)

        all:
                for subdir  in $(SUBDIRS) ; do \
                        make -C $subdir; \
                done;

        So that I can "make -C" to each sub-directory and get them compiled.
        However, Make utility seems can not support this kind of for-loop.

        Are there any way in make utility to get this for-loop done?
David