Re: make best practises: parentheses for variable names

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make best practises: parentheses for variable names
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:50:29 -0500

%% John Graham-Cumming <address@hidden> writes:

  jg> On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 20:34, Paul D. Smith wrote:

  >> I*M*NSHO, it's quite good.  I recommend it to anyone who needs to get
  >> beyond the straightforward reference information you find in the GNU
  >> make user's manual.

  jg> Yes, it's a good book.  However, the author seems to use $(eval)
  jg> for almost everything :-)

True.

But that's because eval RULES!  :-)
Well, it does if you have the bug fixes.  :-/

There _are_ lots of things you can do without eval, using more
traditional methods.  But eval often makes them more efficient, if not
simpler (eval has a complexity all its own of course).