Re: make best practises: parentheses for variable names

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make best practises: parentheses for variable names
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:55:12 -0500

%% Noel Yap <address@hidden> writes:

  ny> My sincerest apologies.  I was mistaken.  I was thinking of the
  ny> book "Managing Projects with Make" rather than "Managing Projects
  ny> with GNU make".  I'll have to browse through a copy of the latter
  ny> to form an opinion.

The older versions definitely suffered from trying to work with "most"
makes; as we all know that severely limits the type of functionality you
can use.  Plus it was written 14 years ago.

Note that the 3rd edition is released under the GFDL so you can find it
online somewhere I'm sure.