Re: GNU Make Installation Help

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Re: GNU Make Installation Help
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:21:27 +0100

Are you SURE your system has a working C compiler? I've seen a comment in a book about the GNU Autotools, that Sun systems are often shipped without a working C compiler :(. To test, try running the command cc manually. If you don't have a working C compiler, it will
tell you so. Also try the commands:
find / -name cc
find / -name gcc
These commands will tell you if they are available, but not in your default $PATH
Nov 18, 2005 kl. 4:46 PM skrev Dunn, Marc T AMRDEC/SimTech:

I read the two files you suggested. I executed 'sh ./configure' like the install file said. It processed about 10 lines and returned the following error message

>sh ./configure

.

.

.

.

Configure: gcc ….. no

Configure: cc ….. no

Configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Any ideas?