gmake with -B option

From: Bhaskar G
Subject: gmake with -B option
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:50:43 +0530

Hi,

I am using gmake 3.80 on HPUX.

I am generating a makefile using echo, sed and awk commands if the makefile is not existing.

makefile: <prerequisites>
        commands

Also I am forcing the generation of makefile if there is any errors. $(ALLOK) is set to some value if there is an error
in the setup.

ifneq ($(ALLOK),ok)
makefile: FORCE
endif

This works absolutely fine when I use gmake. When I use the gmake with a -B option. The process loops
in making the makefile and doesnot proceed further.

I went through the GNU make manual section How Makefiles Are Remade, and tried  using a double colon to stop
the loop. This doesnot even generate the makefile inspite of deleting this file.

Is there a workaround for this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhaskar G