Re: gmake with -B option

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gmake with -B option
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 01:46:04 -0500

%% Bhaskar G <address@hidden> writes:

  bg> I downloaded the beta version and built on a windows machine using
  bg> build_w32.bat.  Build using 3.80 works fine. But with 3.81 I get
  bg> errors on passing the flags to 'sed' It there anything else that I
  bg> need to consider.

Well, you should read the NEWS file first.

Second, you need to show the make rule that caused the problem (the
command line that make invoked).  From this:

  bg> GMAKE 3.81beta version
  bg> D:\sde2\sde_template\comps\tmComp1>gnumake
  bg> generating d:/results/x86_nt/comps/generated/lib/x86_nt_el_i486/tmFlags.h
  bg> d:/sde2/sde_template/sde/cygwin/sed: -e expression #1, char 30: Unknown
option to 's'

there's not much we can say since the actual rule that generates the
file is not shown.