Re: help make

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: help make
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:01:16 -0400

%% Jose Julian Jimenez Rincon <address@hidden> writes:

  jjjr> Hi, I have a problem installing make, I follow recomendations
  jjjr> but in step 2 I can't type 'make' because I don't have the make
  jjjr> bin, can you help me?

Note that because of spam issues, most lists are moderated.  That means
that if you're not a subscriber, your mail to the list will be held to
be reviewed by the moderator.  Moderators are busy and often they only
look at the subject of the email to determine whether it's spam or not.
So, if you want to be sure your email doesn't end up thrown out please
be very sure to include an informative subject line that is obviously
created by a real person for that list, and not a spam generator.  A
subject like "help make" is definitely _NOT_ in that category.  Better
would be something like "Can't install make because I don't have make!"

Second, when asking for help (with anything) please ALWAYS be sure to
include critical information such as the version of the software, the
type and version of operating system you're using, etc.

On a UNIX system, if you don't have a "make" program already, you can
use the build.sh shell script to build make.  This is discussed in the
README file in the GNU make distribution.

Good luck!