Ensuring that a makefile is run with --no-builtin-variables

From: Mariano Suárez-Alvarez
Subject: Ensuring that a makefile is run with --no-builtin-variables
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:05:22 -0300

Hi,

I'd like to be sure that a particular Makefile is run without builtin
rules and variables. I can do that using --no-builtin-variables when
calling make, but I do not seem to be able find a way of making the
Makefile do it for itself.

I can, of course, use a wrapper Makefile: renaming my Makefile as Makefile.real
and having as Makefile the following:

  %:
           $(MAKE) -R -f Makefile.real

MAKEFLAGS does not seem to affect the running copy of make, only
recursive invocations, so it is of no help here.

Ideas?

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez