Re: writing to make file

From: micron_make
Subject: Re: writing to make file
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:40:53 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Smith-20 wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 00:15 -0700, micron_make wrote:
>> I have variable whose value will be evaluated at the beginning. I need
>> to paste this value (not the variable name). I do not want to
>> reference the variable, since the usage requires the value to be
>> pasted.  Is there way to do it in the make framework?
>
> Sorry; maybe someone else will understand what you're asking for but I
> have no idea.
>
> Perhaps if you gave a small example of what you're trying to do, along
> with a more detailed explanation, we could help.
>
> --

In one of my make make files I do the following:
files_path=$(abspath $(wildcard ../src/*.c))
filt=$(subst /, ,$(files_path))
mod_name_filter=$(filter Module_%,$(filt))
MODULE_NAME=$(mod_name_filter)

$(MODULE_NAME) will contain the directory name I want (i.e. the name Module_
followed by any text)

I have included this make file in another make file which uses
$(MODULE_NAME).
This works fine.

What I actually want is , instead of referencing the variable MODULE_NAME, I
need to paste its value (i.e. the text Module_ followed by any text). This
is required since my module specific make files are supposed to contain the
name of the directory and not a generic reference. I understand this would
require some kind of file write operation. I would like to know if this can
be done in the make framework itself.

Cheers!!