Re: setting a make "include" path right from the get-go

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: setting a make "include" path right from the get-go
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 09:59:47 -0500

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 09:21 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> i didn't try it because i was going off what i read in ORA's book on
> make where they explain the value of using the MAKE variable, and it
> mentions nothing about passing that particular option, so i assumed it
> didn't. if it actually does, then that solves the problem.

All options and variables on the original make command line are always
passed to sub-makes by default, except in a few very specific cases
where it doesn't make much sense (things like -o, IIRC).

Definitely -I is passed to sub-makes, though.

Cheers!

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us