Make warning messages

From: John Hurst
Subject: Make warning messages
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:34:18 +1000

G'day,

I've hunted high and low for information on how I might turn off the warning message from make: "Nothing to be done for 'xxx'", but am stuck. Is there a way to disable this? I'm using gnu make 3.80 under Mac OSX 10.5.7

cheers,
--John Hurst
--  co-Director, Computing Education Research Group (Caulfield, H7.76)
--  A/Professor, Clayton School of IT (Clayton, 63.123)
--PO Box 26, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800
-- address@hidden                         ~ ~~~&#:
-- phone: +61 3 990 55192 (Caulf: 32196)         _..___  address@hidden
--(mob 0407 569 041) (fax +61 3 990 55146)       |_____[_|_________[__]_
-- http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~ajh             oo oo  oo O--O--O o=o
-- Monash Provider No. 00008C
--free times and making appointments, see:
--    http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/ajh/ajhdiary.py